Post VI gender roles

Hello everyone! Today I am going to write about gender roles, nowadays our culture imposes certain social and behavioral norms to follow according to our sex, when I was little a clear example of this was that women took care of the house and the children, on the other hand, the men just to work. We all know that today society has evolved and adopted new thoughts, very recently there was a movement led by women who fight against gender-based harassment and violence.

In this post I want to share with you a personal experience about gender roles. When I was little I remember that my mom went on a trip for a week and I stayed with my dad, that's when I realized that both men and women are trained to perform the same tasks because my dad did successfully the same duties that a mother has.

 In my opinion, gender roles are only rules that could be changed if the mentality of the country is changed and that is achieved with a good education both in schools, universities and at home. Why is the home very important? Because there the family gathers and is the first instance of a child to interact with other people and acquire norms of behaviors, habits and values.


Comentarios

Entradas populares